CABBAGE “Lasagna” CASSEROLE
So, I made up this recipe for two reasons. First, I am the queen of casseroles. If it can be put into a baking dish, stored and popped in the oven later for a one dish meal- I am all over it. Second, on this particular day, I was extra lazy and had only these ingredients in the fridge, so I went for it. It turned out delicious. Hope you enjoy! Ingredients
- 1 head of green or red cabbage (coarsely shredded)
- 5 lbs. of 100% grass-fed 85/10 ground beef (I have also done this with pasture-raised ground turkey or chicken)
- 1 yellow or red onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp. of minced garlic (fresh is best)
- 1 block of Raw Goat’s Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- ½ to 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled (Depends on how cheesy you want it)
- Seasoning Salt (I like this gluten-free, sugar-free, nightshade-free, organic, non-GMO seasoning)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven on 375◦. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter, lard or coconut oil.
- Add onions and garlic to a skillet and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add ground beef, chicken or turkey to skillet and brown. While browning add your seasoning salt before flipping the meat (it probably ends up being about ¼ tsp of seasoning total- it is salty, so you don’t want to overdo it). Turn heat off once meat browned all the way through
- Add a layer of cabbage to the bottom of your baking dish (like you would if you were putting noodles on the bottom). Top with ground meat mixture. Next layer on sharp